Application Life-Cycle Management (ALM)
Application lifecycle management (ALM) is the concept of managing your software development project throughout all phases of its life. Statistics have shown that software and applications acquired and deployed within a lifecycle management framework are both more reliable and more stable. Essentially, the structuring, acquisition, development, deployment, operating and maintenance steps help lead to optimized environments, which in turn provide higher returns on investment, decreases in errors and down time.
Microsoft ALM Products
Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Microsoft Team Foundation Server provides automation and integration of processes, tools, and project artifacts to simplify the collaboration of people across functional disciplines. The central repository enables rich collaboration in the context of the tasks the team is working on, as well as powerful reporting and dashboards that help you analyze and track progress and quality of your projects in real-time. Team Foundation Server provides:
An enabler for parallel development and includes many powerful source control features like atomic check-ins, branching and merging, shelving, labeling, concurrent check-outs, check-in policies, association of check-ins with work items and powerful visualization tools to reduce the complexity of source control operations.
Work item tracking
The extensible and integrated work item tracking system enables teams to manage and track requirements, tasks, bugs, issues, and test cases.
TFS provides a robust and a fully featured build automation server, which you can customize for manual/scheduled builds, continuous integration and rolling builds.
Powerful reports and dashboards in TFS help you analyze and track progress and quality in real-time. The product ships with more than 30 reports out of the box and you can easily create custom reports.
TFS features built-in support for Agile and waterfall methodologies, and includes templates for MSF for Agile, CMMI and SCRUM processes. In addition, integration with Microsoft Project enables stakeholders and project managers to gain real-time insight into project health as well as ways to improve existing processes.
Microsoft Visual Studio
Microsoft Visual Studio is a comprehensive toolset that simplifies application development for teams, allowing the delivery of scalable, high-quality applications. Whether writing code, building databases, testing, or debugging, teams can increase their productivity using the powerful tools provided by Microsoft Visual Studio.
Microsoft Visual Studio provides an integrated environment of tools and server infrastructure that simplifies the entire application development process. Deliver business results using productive, predictable, customizable processes and increase transparency and tractability throughout the lifecycle with detailed analytics.
Whether creating new solutions or enhancing existing applications, unleash your creativity with powerful prototyping, architecture and development tools that let you bring your vision to life targeting an increasing number of platforms and technologies including cloud and parallel computing. Realize increased team productivity by utilizing advanced collaboration features and use integrated testing and debugging tools to find and fix bugs quickly and easily creating high quality solutions while driving down the cost of solution development.
Microsoft Visual Studio Testing Tools
Visual Studio comes with standard testing tools to help ensure the delivery of quality code every time. Take advantage of coded UI tests, which automate the testing of user interfaces in Web and Windows-based applications, as well as unit testing, code coverage, and test impact analysis.
Visual Studio provides quality engineers with the capabilities to:
- Create test plans and test cases.
- Gather diagnostic information when running tests.
- Record and replay manual test steps.
- Create automated UI tests.
- Create virtual environments that define the set of rules required to run a specific application.
- Emulate various network environments.
- Perform code coverage and test Impact analysis.
Our ALM Offerings
Team Foundation Server Implementation
Our consultants will perform all installation and configuration tasks to establish a complete and ready to use environment, including:
- Gathering information about development team to better understand their capabilities, experience and the nature of projects they deal with. This understanding influences which areas the consultant focuses on during the implementation engagement, also this will help establishing the development environment KPIs, to measure and improve performance in the future.
- Collecting information about the current infrastructure to prepare for installing and configuring Team Foundation Server.
- Installing and configuring Microsoft Team Foundation Serve.
- Installing and configuring Microsoft Team Foundation Build Service.
- Verifying installation and configuration.
Coaching and Mentorship
Our consultants will provide your development team with hands-on coaching that will enable them to fully utilize the capabilities of the Microsoft ALM solution and its tools. Coaching covers areas including:
- Introduction to Application Lifecycle Management and Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Configuration and Operations of TFS.
- Version Control.
- Client Connectivity.
- Team Projects Customization.
- Team Foundation Server Backup, Restore and Monitoring.
- Microsoft Visual Studio testing, database development, code debugging and diagnostic tools.